Bonjour, mes amis!
So, an update on what’s been going on in my world.
It’s been a weird start to 2021. I think I’m just burned out by doing so much last year – school, assignments, trying to write, worrying about the state of the world, to name a few. I was sucked into the black hole that was US politics and only managed to breathe a little easier after November. I started school again in January, but this qualification is a teaching one and is so not itching my creative muse at all. Plus, it’s online so it’s way too easy to procrastinate (this is my biggest flaw!). And I’m just really, really tired of the world in general.
So, there I was, plodding along. Then I got sucked into the Untamed universe (merci, Party Like 1660 !) and I. AM. OFFICIALLY. OBSESSED. I love everything about this series. What is it? It’s a 50-episode Tencent production, developed from a BL (boy love) web novel The Grand Master of Demonic Cultivation by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu but due to China’s strict censorship laws, there can be no obvious depiction of boy-on-boy romance. This didn’t stop the clever scriptwriters and director AT ALL. In fact, the romantic development, angst and love-and-loss of our two main boys is the whole point of the series. (It also adds extra excitement that the two leading actors Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo appear to be having a clandestine romance off-screen – yes, I have researched this EXTENSIVELY thanks to YouTube and the many behind-the-scenes clips 🙂 It’s currently streaming on Netflix.
So. What am I working on now?
- Some residency applications in my area
- Unexciting school work -____-
- Writing parts 2 and 3 of the Confessions of Monsieur E. I love these characters so much and returning to 17th century France is my happy place.
- Inspired by The Untamed, I’m now plotting an epic Fantasy Warrior Boys fic, bursting with good/evil, redemption, revenge, spells and magic, sword fights, an epic quest, boy flirting, angst and hot smexy scenes. My didi is helping me with story and plot details and it’s daunting and scary but I’m SO PUMPED FOR THIS STORY.
- Fan art. Lots and lots of fan art. Here’s a few. THEY ARE SO PRETTEH. You can also see them on my Insta and also over on my Pinterest board.